Having problems with File::isOnRemovableDrive ( )

Hi,
I have been using JUCE for 11 months now. Recently i had to use " File::isOnRemovableDrive( )" in the code. Every time i use this method Xcode shows up linker error “Undefined symbols: juce::File::isOnRemovableDrive() const” .
I tried it with juce 1.39 and 1.45. This happens only on mac on PC it works fine. Can u help me with it??

System Configuration
Machine Model: PowerMac7,2
Xcode : version 2.4.1

Regards,
vishvesh

I actually haven’t implemented that method yet on mac or linux… Instead of just not having a method, I’ve now checked in some stub functions, but they don’t yet work correctly, and will throw an assertion, but at least it links…

Are there any other method which you think i can use instead of using “isOnRemovableDrive ( )” method on mac, anyway thanks for the prompt reply i will see if I can find any method in Cocoa and let you know.
Have a great day
regards,
vishvesh

I’ve not looked for it, but if you spot any cocoa methods to do this, let me know and I’ll pop them in there.

NSWorkSpace getFileSystemInfoForPath

I’ve never used it myself, but I’ve had experience with getmntinfo to see if the volume is an webdav volume. Perhaps one of these two will work…

Justin

[quote]NSWorkSpace getFileSystemInfoForPath

I’ve never used it myself, but I’ve had experience with getmntinfo to see if the volume is an webdav volume. Perhaps one of these two will work…

Justin[/quote]

Thanks Justin,
“NSWorkSpace getFileSystemInfoForPath” worked very well, it detects DVD’s, pen drives etc as removable drive thanks a lot.
Jules can use this method to code for “File::isOnRemovableDrive( )”