HISE v1.0.0 - open source sampler platform released

Thanks for all the kind words.

@TeotiGraphix, yes, if you could test it in Bitwig, it would be great (from what I’ve heard this host is a little bit special since it runs all plugins in a dedicated process). I am regularly testing on Cubase, Logic, FL Studio, ProTools Ableton and REAPER and the infamous JUCE plugin host :slight_smile:

No plans for Android though - this platform still doesn’t seem to be a viable option for audio software from what I’ve heard, but I am definitely not an expert in this area. iOS is supported though and works great - I am using a custom app build with HISE on an iPod touch 6G on a live gig to avoid carrying around a laptop on stage and I am pretty satisfied with its stability.

@pixelpacker if you’re interested, we can meet up and talk about ways of cooperation - this project is getting ridiculously ambitious for a single developer and our geographical proximity might be of some advantage here :slight_smile:

@jrlanglois: this is a classic case of “never change a running system”. 4.3.0 is working perfectly fine for me and I have been following the commits in the JUCE repo since then and there was nothing really mission critical in order to justify the version bump (the thing that brought me to 4.3.0 was AUv3) - but if I may have overlooked something (like eg. a juce_dsp_module), I’ll be happy to take the leap.

RE submodules: I have also made some minor changes to the JUCE codebase rather trivial stuff that is rather specific to my use case. Plus people can just download my repo and use the source code for exporting instruments (you can’t download submodules along with some other workflow quirks that I was too impatient to figure out).

1 Like