How do I set a Meta param flag for AU plugin

Hi,
My AU plugin doesn’t validate.
auvaltool reports the following:
\

# # 15 Global Scope Parameters:

ERROR: Parameter values are different since last set - probable cause: a Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter that will change values of other parameters.

I am using the APVTS and an AudioParameterBool that changes another parameter. I saw that there is an isMetaParameter() property in the base class AudioProcessorParameter that returns false by default.
However, there is no setter for it. Do I have to inherit from AudioParameterBool in order to override isMetaParameter() or am I missing something that allows me to change this property?
In a former thread I saw that the possibility exists for APVTS::Parameter but there I would have to rewrite stuff that already exists in AudioParameterBool, which seems awkward to do.
Any advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks

So just to wrap this up, I solved this issue by only using AudioProcessorValueTreeState::Parameter and setting the isMetaParameter flag in the constructor and I copy pasted the code of the getText() method from the derived AudioParameter type into a lambda for the valueToTextFunction argument. This is sufficient for me and I haven’t encountered a situation yet where I need more functionality from the derived type.
Still a pity that the flags cannot be set for those other types.

1 Like