How to make a JUCE project as a downloadable application?

I have recently made a tetris application using JUCE that i would like to make into a downloadable application that i can link to friends/ potential future employers. I don’t have a very strong knowledge of computers or the life cycle of a program, all i really know is how to use C++ with JUCE and make basic applications, so I really have no idea if this is something really simple or complicated.

In short i would like to make my JUCE project into something that can be installed and played on mac, instead of me pressing ‘run’ in Xcode. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi, I use Packages to build OSX installers - fairly straightforward to use with a drag/drop interface for building up your installer.

http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/Packages/about.html

1 Like

You may want to search for the keyword “Deployment”. There is a lot of information present.

Things to watch out for:

• set the “deployment target” as much back as you can afford / support
  • create a easy to install format, either a DMG to drag the app to Applications (hdiutil is the command for that) or pkgbuild to create a click installer (good for plugins)
  • if you are on windows, either link the runtime statically or make sure in your installer, that the correct runtime is installed

HTH

1 Like