How to set WebBrowserComponent WebKit version?

Maybe there’s a WebKit guru somewhere on the forum who can help answer this…

I’m using WebBrowserComponent in an OS X app, but for the purposes of this question, I’ll refer to the JUCE demo, which exhibits the same behaviour as my app.

I’m compiling on OS X 10.12 with a deployment target of 10.7.

The issue I’m having is that on OS X 10.8, the version of WebKit used by the web component seems to be different to that used by Safari and I can’t figure out how the WebKit version is determined or why they are different.

Running otool -L on Safari, gives me:

otool -L /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Safari.framework/Versions/A/Safari | grep WebKit
    /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/WebKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 536.30.1)
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit2.framework/Versions/A/WebKit2 (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 536.30.1)

Running otool -L on the Juce demo gives me:

otool -L JuceDemo | grep WebKit
    /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/WebKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 602.2.14)

Yet if I point the respective applications at http://browserspy.dk/webkit.php It gives me a AppleWebKit version of 600.8.9 for Safari and a version of 536.30.1 for JUCE Demo…!

What accounts for these different version numbers, and how can I configure my application so that it uses the same “600.8.9” version used by Safari?

Jamie