I am completely new to this!

I’m so new to this but I have a code that might be base of what I need. I am just struggling getting set up to actually input the code. I told chat gpt what I needed and it spit out something. I am struggling to say the least. I would be blessed if someone can help me. Here’s what I’m going for.

I want to create a plugin that allows for a studio artist to send their dry signal in, and have it come out as a commercially viable professional sounding vocal. I want to have a knob that cuts the 6kHz-8kHz range by -4db, but also in the same action, I want multiband compression to raise the highs by 4db at a -13db threshold with a 1:3 ratio. I want another knob that will high-pass all the way to 80 Hz with a fairly steep roll off. In the same knob as the highpass, I want to reduce the frequency range of 300Hz-500Hz. I also want a separate knob that adds light saturation almost like a preamp. Lastly I want to add a wet/dry knob as well as a master volume for the output signal as a whole. Also, some small db meter would be nice too if possible.

• read through Tutorials - JUCE
  • check juce::dsp::IIR::Filter, juce::dsp::Compressor, juce::dsp::DryWetMixer, etc
  • you need to know how to calculate coeffs of a high-order high-pass filter. Cascading deserves a try: Cascading filters | EarLevel Engineering
  • you also need to take care of thread safety & real-time safety!
  • BE AWARE: mixing original signal with high-passed signal is not common practice
  • ChatGPT may mislead you

Yeah absolutely the wet/dry knob would just be for the compression I didn’t clarify. I appreciate you highly! I’m very busy though, and would hope maybe someone could help me with the passion project.

i would rather watch cherno’s c++ playlist on youtube than hoping that chatGPT is flawless this time, because it rarely is. the things you try to accomplish are fairly easy, so you really just need some language skills and JUCE basics and you can get started

1 Like