Juce application used to run but won't any longer

I got my JUCE application building and running correctly on the Mac. Everything was fine yesterday, however today when I try to run the application I get the error message:
“The application ‘app name’ quit unexpectedly.
Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.
Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple”

I haven’t change anything in my XCode project, and other Juce apps that are on this system get the same error.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

impossible to tell from this…

Are you doing “build and go” from within Xcode and using the debug build? A crash like this should then go into the debugger.

I was doing the release build and running it from Finder.

I have since done a Debug build, which debugged correctly, so I switched it back to the Release build and it is working correctly now. Weird.

On another note, is there any easy way to rename the executable of a Mac .app?

…probably just needed to force something to recompile.

re: renaming the app on Mac
http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juceforum/viewtopic.php?t=4063

:wink:

Try clean building the project and if you can post the crash report

I got things working now. It seems that I have to do a successfull build of the debug build before it will create an executable that will run with the release build.

I had tried doing a full clean before building.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I’m guessing it will take me a quite a while to become completely familiar with the ins and outs of the Mac build environment.

Xcode can be wired at times, but I am very confident that debug and release builds are not related, because it builds all the files again.

Make sure you clean both targets. I find that, if juce has changed, you need to clean and rebuild your whole app.

Bruce