JUCE GUI Users: How do you handle the on screen keyboard?

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to incorporate some JUCE text editors into my application and it suddenly dawned on me that if they are on the lower half of the screen I can't see what I'm typing, since the keyboard covers the editor itself.

My current idea is to put my main component into a viewport and increase its height and scroll the viewport to ensure that the text editor is in view. Obviously, to get this working well I need to access the height of the keyboard which I'm doing by adding:

In juce_ios_windowing, in the applicationDidFinishLaunching

NSNotificationCenter *center = [NSNotificationCenter defaultCenter];
    [center addObserver:self selector:@selector(keyboardOnScreen:) name:UIKeyboardDidShowNotification object:nil];
    [center addObserver:self selector:@selector(keyboardOffScreen:) name:UIKeyboardDidHideNotification object:nil];

And then hooking these into the Desktop class, using a listener for keyboard on screen to notify other classes.

It seems to work fine at the moment, but obviously isn't the best solution as it involves altering a number of the JUCE library files, so I was wondering if anybody had experience with this and what their solution was?

Thanks

Still no solution after 7 years?