I have a JUCE plugin with a large GUI (1086 x 660), 10 knobs using a custom look and feel class, and two small images for on/off switches. When I have the GUI open, I am getting about 85% usage according to the windows task manager, and when I close the GUI it drops to around 40% (Ignore the high cpu usage for DSP processing, right now I’m only concerned with the graphics cpu usage). The project is open source so you can reference the code here:
Specifically I am concerned that I’m not handling the paint() method in “PluginEditor.cpp” or the “myLookAndFeel.cpp” class properly. All the images were .png, but I changed the background image to a jpeg in a local branch since it’s a smaller file size, and still getting the same behavior. This doesn’t seem to be as big of an issue when running on Mac, only on Windows10, Reaper DAW. I’ve seen some other questions on the JUCE forum related to OpenGL, but didn’t quite understand what could be happening.