Linux build confusion about include_juce_core.h

I am a newbe to projucer and not windows build expert so I’m sorry it there is an obvious answer I don’t see.

I created a new audio project on windows as described in the projucer totorial. I ran the resulting “hello world” successfully. I then moved the source to a rasberry pi and using the projucer generated Makefile tried to compile.

I get this error:
In file included from …/…/Source/Main.cpp:9:
…/…/JuceLibraryCode/JuceHeader.h:16:10: fatal error: juce_core/juce_core.h: No such file or directory
#include <juce_core/juce_core.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On windows, the file Main.cpp includes <JuceHeader.h>.
<JuceHeader.h> includes <juce_core/juce_core.h>. This file does not exist in the modules directory.
But in VS if I open JuceHeader.h and right click on juce_core.h and go to document, it opens include_juce_core.cpp. So somehow the windows project is making the connection that the file to open has include_ prepended to the file name. But this apparently is not happening in the linux build.

Can anyone explain to me how this works on windows, and how it is supposed to work in linux?

Did you properly set the path to the JUCE modules in Projucer?

I guess the Makefile doesn’t pass the right include directory (with the -I compiler option) to the compiler, so it cannot find the necessary headers.

The path was setup correctly but I failed to copy the modules from the windows system to the pi. Now it works. Thanks.