Linux: Performance regression in 5.4.4

Hello,
there is a significant drop in performance on Linux in JUCE 5.4.4 compared to 5.4.3 and 5.4.1. To try it out just run the DemoRunner and select WidgetsDemo.h demo. After this the app becomes very slow with every action taking long seconds to complete and it even cannot be closed, after more than 10 minutes I just killed it. But the CPU load is quite low, just 1 - 2% and fans are not spinning so I guess there is some kind of race condition in the event queue/messaging. None of this is happening with older versions (5.4.3 and 5.4.1). I also tested the develop branch but the problem is still there. I’m currently running KDE Neon (Ubuntu 18.04.3 64-bit) and compiling with g++ 7.4.0. If you need any more information, let me know, thank you.

I’ve made a couple of tweaks on the develop branch here - can you see if this improves things for you?

Yes, that improved it a lot, performance now seems to be back where it used to be. Thank you for the fix.

Great, I’ll cherry-pick that commit onto the master branch too. Thanks for reporting.