ListBox

What is the recommended way of dealing with custom components for custom ListBoxes now? In particular, i mean handling mouse clicks to select them.

The components are created in the refreshComponentForRow, that happens fine. I presume it needs to register mouse events or something… but who with? My guess is that i update the component to know what row it is, and give it a pointer to the ListBox (assuming that the ListBoxModel class i’m making is also inheriting ListBox), and get it to call selectRow(row) on a mouseDown.

If this is indeed what is required each time, i think it would be very handy to have included with juce a base ListBoxItem component, which has bool selected and int currentRow members and functions, with a default mouseDown implementation to select the row (also taking a pointer to the ListBox in the constructor). Not that it’s that much hassle to make one myself of course. Just thinking out loud!

No need to register for mouse events, just give your component a mouseDown() method and use that to call selectRowsBasedOnModifierKeys().

I guess a base class would be useful, though I’m sure I tried to write one before and found there wasn’t a neat way of doing a generic one. I’ll pop this on my to-do list as something to have another look at.