LookAndFeel requests

I don’t really want to change the prototype of that method… There’s a LookAndFeel::isColourSpecified method you can use to see if the colour exists, and then use a different one if it doesn’t.

Ok.

As an aside, are there any intentions of making look and feel colours configurable from files? Am working on this for my app now. I just made my custom look and feels of type FileBaseDocument so I can save the colour ids and colour codes in file then reload these from file if necessary.

L+F will change completely with the new jucer stuff I’m developing, and yes, it will be dynamically loadable. Still working out the details though.

This might not belong in here… but it seems a waste to create a new topic.

In Listbox - createSnapshotOfSelectedRows, can this be virtual or L&F to allow customization?

Tnx

Yes, I can certainly make it virtual.

Hi Jules,

Would it be possible to add a setter for the minimumScale used in resized of TabbedButtonBar or some stuff in the LnF to ask for it ?

As most of the stuff are private, I can’t redefine the resized function myself to override to 1.f if I don’t want any tabs to be shrunk.

Thanks,

Yep, I’ll do that.

TableHeaderComponent could use some colourIds for the text, background, and blend.

FYI The drawing of the header happens in LookAndFeel.

Actually, the look + feel is one area where I’m not trying to spruce it up at the moment - the long-term plan is for all the l+f to be generated and edited by the new jucer, and loaded/rendered as drawables, so a lot of old code like this bit will disappear.

Okay, what’s the point of customizing a LookAndFeel for a ComboBox, if the actual text is draw in ComboBox::paint()? I have no way to change the appearance of the text, short of subclassing the ComboBox. Which is not possible for Juce created windows like the file browser or an AlertWindow with a ComboBox component.

I had to change private to protected in class ComboBox so I could access the necessary data members in my subclassed version of ComboBox::paint()

I give up. I now understand that the ComboBox uses a Label to show the text. So customizing its appearance could prove difficult. Perhaps there could be a member added that allows you to retrieve the Label and change its settings? I don’t know. Maybe I have to just write my own ComboBox… :frowning:

Well, you could just override LookAndFeel::drawLabel()…?

I was trying to override LookAndFeel::drawLabel() to change the colours of the ComboBox’s Label. I also have problems:

1. Cannot get rid of the outline when I’m editing the textbox, i tried do this but nothing:

void StdLook::drawLabel (Graphics& g, Label& label) { label.setColour(Label::outlineColourId, Colour::fromRGBA(0, 0, 0, 0)); //normal code here... }

1. I’m using a black background, when I edit the text from the Label (inside the ComboBox) I cannot change the font colour (and it’s black by default!)

Please allow us modify label colours while editing the combobox

Why are you trying to change the colour during a paint routine? You need to set the colours once, before you use the component, not each time it’s being redrawn…

It was a desperate attemt to get rid of that optional border while editing the textbox. How could I do it? If I use setColour(outlineColourId , Colour::fromRGBA(0, 0, 0, 0)); it seems that doesn’t affect to that “optional” border

If it’s the textbox’s border, surely you should be changing TextEditor::outlineColourId ?

But I don’t access to any Combobox’s textbox pointer! I think I’ll have to do my own combobox.

btw: I cannot find how to change the selected text colour and background colour, is it possible?

edit: The frame I wan’t to eliminate is that grey frame (not the yellow one), and look how colours standart colours for selected text are under black background:

No… just set that colour value in the label, and it’ll copy it to the texteditor when it creates one.

Rigth. Thanks!