Looking for an Audio C++ Developer (freelance, part-time, remote)

For Unimule (my solo founded, bootstrapped company) I’m looking for someone that can help me improve development output for Alex Audio Butler and following audio products for video editors and more.

You will be working mostly independently and/or alongside me. General responsibilities will include:

• Maintenance, improvement and bug fixes for current code (a C++ code base on top of a JUCE fork)
  • Building new features (DSP, GUI), presets etc
  • Researching new ideas

My current vision would be to do a fixed length starting project, which potentially can grow to a bigger and longer collaboration (depending on both your availability and interest, and our needs and budget)

Location: Remote (preferably overlapping with EU working hours as I am in the Netherlands most of the time)
Compensation: A daily rate based on experience/skill (so no fixed fee)
Part-time: 2-4 days/w to start, with potential to grow
Length: a 1-3 month project should be a good start, hopefully extending from there
Experience: any level of experience (junior, senior) could work as long as the skills and motivation are right

Minimum

• Professional experience with modern C++ codebases
  • Git
  • Real time threaded audio programming
  • DSP basics
  • Can work with OSX & WIN
  • Professional English skills
  • A business registration & bank account for invoicing purposes

Helps a lot to have at least some of these

• JUCE experience
  • Worked on an audio plug-in (VST(3)/AU/AAX etc)
  • Knowledge about the audio/music software world
  • Knowledge about video production (Premiere, FCPX, Resolve)
  • Sound design
  • Audio Mixing
  • Python, PHP, web technologies
  • (Unit) Testing
  • AI, Machine Listening
  • Speaking Dutch
  • Music Technology (or similar) degree

About Unimule & Alex Audio Butler

Unimule is making audio tools that help people that do not have audio as their main expertise (video editors, vloggers, podcasters) get good sounding results easily and quickly.

Alex Audio Butler is an intelligent automatic mixing plug-in that runs directly in video editing software (Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve currently)

Contact

If you’re interested send your motivation + something that shows your relevant skills (ie a CV) to jerre@unimule.com. Contact by recruiting agencies, etc is not appreciated.

1 Like