Loosing ValueTree Entries

Hi,

I’m playing around with the examples from David Rowland - Using JUCE value trees and modern C++ to build large scale applications (ADC’17). I’ve create a ModulatorList class which inherits from Davids ValueTreeObjectList. The code example below shows the constructor of the Plug-In, where I’m adding two new modulators to the tree. The DBG(apvts_.state.toXmlString()); statement correctly prints a XML document with 2 modulators added.

If I do the same statement inside my editor constructor: DBG(processor.GetState().state.toXmlString()); it only prints the main identifier & the plug-in parameters added via the ParameterLayout. The added modulators are no longer visible.

Any ideas how this could happen?

Processor

class AudioPlugin
{
public:
    AudioPlugin()
        : state_(*this, &undoManager_, "AudioPlugin",
                 {std::make_unique<juce::AudioParameterFloat>("gain", "Gain", 0.0f, 2.0f, 1.0f)})
        , modList_(apvts_.state)
    {
        ValueTreeUtils::CreateUuidProperty(apvts_.state);
        apvts_.state.addChild(juce::ValueTree {ids::CONST_MODULATOR}, -1, nullptr);
        apvts_.state.addChild(juce::ValueTree {ids::LFO_MODULATOR}, -1, nullptr);

jassert(modList_.objects.size() == 2);
        DBG(apvts_.state.toXmlString());
    }

auto GetState() -> juce::AudioProcessorValueTreeState& { return apvts_; }
    auto GetState() const -> juce::AudioProcessorValueTreeState const& { return apvts_; }

// ...

private:
    juce::AudioProcessorValueTreeState apvts_;
    mc::ModulatorList modList_;

};

Editor

// ...
DBG(processor.GetState().state.toXmlString());
// ...

Ok I was just being really stupid. The state was reloaded from disk via getStateInformation & setStateInformation. It overwrote the dummy data I created in the constructor.

Problems solved for now.