As we review things on M1s machines,
We’ve noticed that round-trip latency is wrong on those machine.
While this simple test is imperfect,
We got worse results with M1 machines vs pre-2015 Macs
(I will also test my 2018 MBP 13" with T2 and update)
(44.1khz / 512buffer size), Internal Audio Device, using Microphone (so round trip is expected to be imperfect)
- MacBook Air M1
- MacBook Pro M1
- MacBook Pro 13" 2014: Samples ~281
How we’ve tested:
- Open an audio app (eg Logic Pro X)
- Insert an audio track
- Mute it while arming it.
- Toggle a metronome / percussive sample.
- Play the recorded audio.
The amount of offset we see is quite noticeable.
- We’ve tried Rosetta and this isn’t arch related.
- We’ve tried several apps and all severe from same issue.
Anyone else seeing this?