MAC 32 and 64 bits VST?

Ok, I´m new to XCODE and MAC, have only been working on Windows MSVC 2013 32 and 64 bits files.

Now I´m trying to understand this: in Introjucer, I can set to compile a 32/64 bits UB file. But when I open on Xcode, I see that it still shows me 32 and 64 bits options, but it seems that its compiling a 'combo' file that has both codes, is that right?

I´m working on Wusik 4000 modules, which are Dynamic Libraries, and I need to know if on the MAC side I will have files that are either 32 and 64 bits compatible. As on Windows I have to keep separated folders for each type.

Thanks!

Best Regards, WilliamK

On the Mac, 32 and 64 bit binaries are in the same file. You need not care about bit width, as the host will select the architecture that applies.

As far as I know however, 64 bit VST do not exist on the Mac. I vaguely remember this was because a dependency on Carbon for the GUI. I may be totally wrong, though. It's been a while since I last looked into this.

Please anyone correct me, if I'm wrong.

64-bit VST works fine on OS X, it uses a Cocoa GUI.

Your’e probably refering to XCode 4 where you can’t select “Release | x86_64” or “Release | i386” like in XCode 3 (or in a similar way VS). I’m also still a bit confused about this myself (updated to XCode 4 last week for testing) but I think this is in some other place (schemes, though I haven’t completely understood that yet).

Thanks guys! I just understood things out, thanks again! Looks like the MAC side will be much simpler. Why Windows never used such approach?