Media player to mixer

I am having trouble finding an answer for this so am asking here.  I am using Juce in a mixer for live use and I need to be able to route windows media player audio to it (or other player) to allow mixing of mics with audio.  (singing to tracks, careoke, dj, etc).  I have multiple setups and it is easy with soniccore/scope because you can route all this in the sound card.

But I am trying to figure out how to do this with a Focusrite 18i20 usb interface.  The internal mixer meters of the device shows wave player data on the mic inputs allowing mixing within the device.  But I cannot get his audio signal to route via the asio drivers to my mixer,  I just get silence.  Isn't there a way to route media player output to the input of my mixer?  I can do this with Jack on linux, do I need to use Jack Windows for this or is there some other way?  Can I even do this with Jack on Windows? (I have not tried Jack on windows yet).

Thanks.

I have a Focusrite 18i6.

I don't understand what you mean when you say you have "wave player data on the mic inputs" How do you manage that?

Sorry, I stated that wrong.  The data was coming into the mixer channels 1-2, not via input channels.  I chaned the input channels 1-2 to take input from daw 1-2, but I could not figure out a way to route the media player outputs to daw outputs so my juce mixer could get it.

I thought maybe I could do this with jack, so I installed jack.  But media player is not jack enabled.  So I downloaded VLC (which routes through jack on linux) but I could not get this to work either.  There is not much on jack for windows on the net but it appears that VLC for windows is not enabled for jack.

I guess I need to go to the jack forums and start asking there.