`memcpy` usage in AudioProcessor::processBlock

Hello,
I am sorry, I am still newbie in the routines on bytes etc, so my question will probably sound not professional.

In my project I use in MyAudioProcessor::processBlock() the for loop through each sample in the buffer, like that:

void MyAudioProcessor::processBlock(juce::AudioBuffer<float>& buffer, juce::MidiBuffer& midiMessages)
{
    // some code
    // let's say I have only one channel so I don't need loop through the channels
    for(int s=0; s<buffer.getNumSamples(); ++s)
    {
        // some operations
    }
}

And I need to copy all data from buffer to another buffer (and in that case it doesn’t matter if it’s output or input). So after my “through each sample loop” I could call:

myAudioBuffer.copyFrom(0, 0, buffer.getReadPointer(0), buffer.getNumSamples());

As far as I know it uses memcpy which is very fast routine. And it would copy whole block of data. But I wonder if inside of memcpy it is the same for loop through each sample?

If yes, then the question is: wouldn’t it be more efficient if I use my own loop which already exist, and instead calling copyFrom, maybe it would be better to call inside my loop something like that:

void MyAudioProcessor::processBlock(juce::AudioBuffer<float>& buffer, juce::MidiBuffer& midiMessages)
{
    // some code
    auto bufferReadPointer = buffer.getReadPointer(0);
    auto myBufferWritePointer = myAudioBuffer.getWritePointer(0);
    for(int s=0; s<buffer.getNumSamples(); ++s)
    {
        // some operations
        myBufferPointer[s] = bufferReadPointer[s];
    }
}

Then I have only one loop. So wouldn’t it be more efficient?

Sorry if stupid question. But it is very interesting for me and I am not sure how to exactly test those two scenarios and get comparable data about efficiency?

For any help great thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Of course this is only simple example. In my real case I have more buffers to copy in, and more complicated code at all. That’s why I want to be sure on the beginning which way should I go to build as much efficiency code as I can.