MessageManager being constructed on a background thread (Mac / Logic Pro X)

Hello -

Just looking at a plugin project and when starting it in Logic (JUCE 5.4.3 and Logic Pro X 10.4.1) the MessageManager is constructed on a background threads, sets the messageThreadId wrong and then asserts all over the place. Is this a bug or something wonky in the code here?

cheers! Jim.

Are you able to reproduce it with any of the JUCE demo plug-ins? I’ve just tried instantiating the AudioPluginDemo in Logic Pro X 10.4.4 and the MessageManager constructor and MessageManager::doPlatformSpecificInitialisation() method are both being called on the correct thread.

Okay - great that you get it on the same thread. So we must have done something :slight_smile: . I’ll see if we can get you a stack trace, maybe it’ll shed some light on this :slight_smile:

For me this happens when AUv3 is selected in the Jucer project. I can sort of reproduce the issue with the plugin not being able to load in Logic (or AU Lab or anything for that matter). It’s the AUv3 option that causes problems, seemingly. Perhaps there’s a special case where this happens…