Got a weird one here:
I’m working on an old ThinkPad running Ubuntu 14.04, have a VST plug-in I’ve built that that the audio plugin host demo project can load and display the generic parameter editor without any problems.
However, when I try to display the Plug-in’s Component Editor things get funky: If I’m at my desk using my external monitors everything works as it should. If those monitors are unplugged and I’m using my laptop screen, opening the editor causes the whole app to hang. The second time the host requests the Editor’s Bounds, the wrapper gets stuck in the
while (! blockingMessage->lockedEvent.wait (20)) loop while trying to get the MessageManager lock.
I run into a similar issue as well when trying to run the juce demo plug-in: fine as long as I’ve got my external monitors plugged in and am not using my built-in screen, but screwy when the inverse is true. It’s loud though and doesn’t hang, it loads up fine for a fraction of a second, hits an assertion in
juce_Image.cpp:403 and crashes.
I’d love any pointers anyone can give, and would be happy to go on a directed excavation for more information if it would help.