Mouse event issue of juce::Component on third party NSWindow

Hi Jules,

JUCE Version : 1.51

I have gone through the post regarding shared window focus issue : http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?t=&f=&p=24594
But I still have focus issue on juce component if I am adding it to third party NSWindow. I tried to resolve the issue and added following code to
juce_mac_NSViewComponentPeer.mm file

- (void) viewDidMoveToWindow
{

int	options =	NSTrackingMouseEnteredAndExited |    
				         NSTrackingActiveAlways         |
                     NSTrackingMouseMoved	     |
				         NSTrackingInVisibleRect;		  

NSTrackingArea *ta;

ta = [[NSTrackingArea alloc] initWithRect:NSZeroRect
									  options:options
										owner:self
									 userInfo:nil];
	[self addTrackingArea:ta];
	[ta release];

if (owner != 0)
       owner->viewMovedToWindow();
}

Then Juce::Component starts receiving mouseOver and MouseMoved events but breaks mouseDrag event when dragged out side juce::Component, e.g if i drag a slider and if mouse cursor goes out of juce::Component, then dragging stops.
Everything works fine in juce standalone application. Even I checked these events with cocoa application everything works fine.

Please help me in solving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Dheeraj.

Yes, tracking areas don’t seem to provide a way to keep hold of the mouse events when you move outside - that’s why I avoided using them in the library. I’m afraid you’re on your own with that one!

Can you please give any idea to track this issue where it may be going wrong? I have put logger messages in NSComponentPeer.mm file but there are no callbacks in drag methods.

Sorry, all I know is that I tried using tracking a long time ago, and it couldn’t get it to work.