Older ProTools does not accept my plugin

An customers Pro Tools (2021.6) on Mojave (10.14.6) does not accept my plugin as a valid AAX plugin,
although my minimum target is 10.13 when building.
Did anybody run into the same issue?

There are many ways for Protools to reject a plugin - invalid code signing, invalid CPU architecture, etc. You’ll have to get the Protools Developer edition to test things and inspect the log files …

If your plug-in is a Universal Binary, I would start checking whether that particular combination of Pro Tools version and OS version are able to load a plug-in that is not Intel only.

1 Like

Its a universal with working code certification, I cant reproduce the problem locally.

Is there a way to emulate this environment when I only have an ARM mac?

Not really. Your best bet would be to find someone with the same OS willing to set up the Pro Tools Developer version … or ask your original bug-reporting customer to provide more details.

1 Like

If you can’t reproduce then sometimes it can be as simple as having the client manually delete the plugin, restart the host and quit, and re-install it; other times having them trash the Pro Tools preferences is the fix. Sometimes it’s this simple, anyway, and is always my first port of call.

1 Like

You may try downloading that specific version of Pro Tools and run it on your mac in Rosetta mode.
If that works, and you universal binary loads, then you are sure that there is another problem on the user computer.
If it doesn’t load, unfortunately you can’t be sure yet about the cause of the problem, because I don’t remember if 2021.6 is certified to be working in that environment. You should check the following page that contains updated info about such compatibilities:

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/compatibility/macOS-Big-Sur-Support

1 Like

Thats bookmarked thanks!
Also found this page incase anybody else is having similar issues:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/Pro-Tools-Operating-System-Compatibility-Chart

1 Like