OSX, old builds that were running OK now crash

audio

#1

Hello.
I get a crash when attempting to rerun old builds that were previously running OK on my exact same computer under OS X.12.5.
What could be the reason for that?
When trying to run a recompiled version, I see a (EXC_BAD_ACCESS) on createAudioIODeviceType.


#2

what information do you see in the debugger? what is null that should be not null?


#3

If it is deep in the guts of JUCE, there is a fair chance, that re-saving the project in the Projucer could help.

The reason is, that there might be settings that were not present back then, but are now needed for changes in the modules.
The other reason is the JuceLibraryCode folder, which is generated to be suitable for the modules.

If this doesn’t help, you will have to step up the debugger until you find code you recognise…
Good luck


#4

Yes, that I did not mention. I’m at the line:
AudioObjectAddPropertyListener (kAudioObjectSystemObject, &pa, hardwareListenerProc, this);


#5

… besides, I got the same crash on
AudioObjectAddPropertyListener (kAudioObjectSystemObject, &pa, hardwareListenerProc, this);
when compiling / launching the DSPDemo.