Hi folks. My plugin was working fine until a recent commit – now, whenever it’s loaded in Reaper it causes the DAW to crash immediately. Has anyone seen this behaviour before?
Update: I just tried the plugin as an AU in GarageBand and it works just fine. The standalone also works fine. So this seems to be a Reaper and/or VST3 problem.
Usually I’d post relevant code, but to be honest I’m not even sure where to begin. I’ve had a look at the git history and can’t see anything that looks out of place. Things I’ve tried:
(1) Clearing/deleting existing VST from disk and rebuilding.
(2) Clearing VST’s from Reaper, rescanning.
(3) Renaming the plugin, and giving it a new version number and company name.
(4) Renaming the VST file.
(5) Trying a different DAW (GarageBand as an AU → it works!).
(6) Uninstalling/re-installing Reaper (it doesn’t work).
I’m developing on Apple Silicon. But, been running plugins fine, including this one, until some last minute change – which I can’t manage to track.
My next step will be rebuilding the plugin from scratch – introducing one piece at a time until I can reproduce this behaviour. But I’d rather not go there if I don’t have to.
Here’s the repo if anyone’s interested (README is out of date, it’s now a phase-vocoder freeze type effect, work in progress, with a custom overlap-add buffer class.)
Happy to follow up with specific code if anyone has any leads. Much obliged!!!