(Relative) Newbie problem (possibly with brain!)

OK, this will probably be really simple for someone but:

Just updated to Juce 1.29 from 1.19 (bit of a gap I know), using VCExpress. Now whatever I try to build I get an error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘jucelib_static.lib’

Tried a few things but to no avail, so if anyone would like to point me in the right direction…

You should link against “jucelib_debug_static.lib” and no more “jucelib_static.lib”

You’ll have to change this file in your project setting under the linker tab.
I think it is safe to remove the jucelib_static.lib from your project options anyway as it is included automatically if you build against Juce.

Sincerely,

or it might just be that your library search path’s not got the juce/bin directory in it?

Thanks for the advice, the library search path does have the juce/bin directory but there is no reference in there to to “jucelib_static.lib”, or any similars (such as the jucelib_debug_static.lib) is this normal?

When you say change to link against “jucelib_debug_static.lib”, I’m not quite sure how this is done. I assume it’s in the Project -> (Project Name) Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Linker tab, but beyone that I’m afraid you’ve lost me.

erm - did you actually build the juce library…?

You’d think I’d check that first wouldn’t you. I had a systems crash earlier, it must have been while I was building the library since only half of it was there. :?

I’ve rebuilt it now and the “jucelib_static_debug.lib” is there, but I’m still getting the error. I think I’m halfway there, still not sure about the linker stuff, maybe that’s the key?

And now, as if by magic, it’s working. :smiley:

Cheers for the help guys, I’m putting you all in my will (I have nothing, but it’s the thought that counts, right?).

hey well done :slight_smile: hope your project is going well