RTAS Wrapper requests

Finally got around to implement the bypass function.

Works nicely in VST and RTAS, thank you!

[quote=“Pluggy”]Finally got around to implement the bypass function.

Works nicely in VST and RTAS, thank you![/quote]

Btw, which VST host are you testing with? I only noticed this problem in PT/RTAS…
Cheers

I’ve only seen this routine called for RTAS. The VST host I tested with (Reaper) managed its own bypass without calling into the plugin at all.

The routine gets called in Nuendo.

Nuendo does have it’s own latency compensated bypass function, but it has dropouts when switching, since (as it seems) Nuendo doesn’t keep the bypass delay filled while not in bypass and doesn’t feed audio to the plugin while in bypass. Also you can’t cut any audio tails, so when you return from bypass, old audio comes out first, if your plugin stores audio in delay lines and such.

Yes, you have to set some sort of entry flag. From that you can crossfade and flush buffers as needed.

Any RTAS dev’s here know if RTAS (and AAX?) plugins make use of the ‘plugin tail’ concept? If so, all that’s missing for adding a plugin tail gitup to the JUCE library are the RTAS and AAX implementations…

I did the VST implementation, and wrote an un-tested AudioUnit implementation, here; http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10489 Would be cool if somebody could lend a hand to complete this! :smiley:

None of you RTAS/AAX developers know if this concept exists for your plugin formats?

Does anybody here even develop time-based effects?

Don’t know.

Yes.

Okay, interesting… Are you a time-based-plugin RTAS or AAX developer, Mikey? Interested in giving me a hand, if so?

I’m not an RTAS/AAX developer, so obviously can’t look at the code; such would need to be handed to Jules directly, I would imagine.

[quote=“jrlanglois”]None of you RTAS/AAX developers know if this concept exists for your plugin formats?

Does anybody here even develop time-based effects?[/quote]

I do. And I rely on Juce as much as possible for my cross-platform plugin functionality. So all I can tell you about RTAS is that it is trivial to build in Juce, as long as you have code that works in VST and your RTAS SDK set up properly. I’ll probably have to learn more about the actual AAX SDK for my upcoming ports.

Sean Costello