Small warning issued when building JUCE in Xcode 12 beta

I’m on JUCE develop:

juce_MultiChoicePropertyComponent.cpp:45:6:
warning: no previous prototype for function ‘updateButtonTickColour’ [-Wmissing-prototypes]
Declare ‘static’ if the function is not intended to be used outside of this translation unit

Strange that this hasn’t been caught before :slight_smile:

Did you add any extra compiler warning flags or are you building with just the recommended JUCE warnings? I can’t see -Wmissing-prototypes being added anywhere if I build the Projucer or DemoRunner in Xcode 12 beta 5 with no modifications.

I don’t know about the Projucer, I’m managing the project in Xcode directly and it’s a Build Setting named “Missing Function Prototypes” in the Warnings section.
Actually, I have it enabled in an xcconfig file and there the setting name is:

GCC_WARN_ABOUT_MISSING_PROTOTYPES = YES

Since that’s literally the only point where that warning is raised in JUCE, I suspect that at some point in the past that warning was enabled by default too, and I see nothing wrong in having it enabled again (fixing this only line where it is triggered).

Is there a specific reason not to?

Ok, there were a few more places in the codebase which were triggering this warning. They’ve been fixed on develop now in 333f98d.

1 Like

I’m still getting the same warning in a different place using the current “develop”:

/juce/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/utility/juce_PluginUtilities.cpp:130:16: No previous prototype for function ‘handleManufacturerSpecificVST2Opcode’

Can you fix that too?