Small warning issued when building JUCE in Xcode 12 beta

I’m on JUCE develop:

juce_MultiChoicePropertyComponent.cpp:45:6:
warning: no previous prototype for function ‘updateButtonTickColour’ [-Wmissing-prototypes]
Declare ‘static’ if the function is not intended to be used outside of this translation unit

Strange that this hasn’t been caught before :slight_smile:

Did you add any extra compiler warning flags or are you building with just the recommended JUCE warnings? I can’t see -Wmissing-prototypes being added anywhere if I build the Projucer or DemoRunner in Xcode 12 beta 5 with no modifications.

I don’t know about the Projucer, I’m managing the project in Xcode directly and it’s a Build Setting named “Missing Function Prototypes” in the Warnings section.
Actually, I have it enabled in an xcconfig file and there the setting name is:

GCC_WARN_ABOUT_MISSING_PROTOTYPES = YES

Since that’s literally the only point where that warning is raised in JUCE, I suspect that at some point in the past that warning was enabled by default too, and I see nothing wrong in having it enabled again (fixing this only line where it is triggered).

Is there a specific reason not to?

Ok, there were a few more places in the codebase which were triggering this warning. They’ve been fixed on develop now in 333f98d.

1 Like

I’m still getting the same warning in a different place using the current “develop”:

/juce/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/utility/juce_PluginUtilities.cpp:130:16: No previous prototype for function ‘handleManufacturerSpecificVST2Opcode’

Can you fix that too?

bump, the warning above regarding handleManufacturerSpecificVST2Opcode is still issued in JUCE 6.0.4 develop (current tip)

Out of curiosity, why aren’t you enabling GCC_WARN_ABOUT_MISSING_PROTOTYPES = YES or -Wmissing-prototypes to catch these early on?

Oh, there are even getUUIDForVST2ID() and getFUIDForVST2ID() now with the same issue