StandAlone Plugins

Guys, I just found out the new StandAlone plugin option and I’m using it. BUT, I would like to be able to customize a few things like I have done before. Previous projects I was building an application instead, so I had more control over what I wanted to show. So here are my questions:

1. how can I remove the Options button from the top bar? Or even access that object directly. I was able to change the icons on the right, that worked great.

2. I want to be able to open the audio-settings-window from inside my plugin’s options button. Before I was creating all objects, including the top-window, so I had access to all that. Now I don’t know how to do that.

3. I had some code that I wanted to run only in the standalone version, is that possible? before I was compiling in two projucer files, so I could do that. But would be nice to keep one project file instead.

Thanks again.

Cheers, WilliamK

Hi WilliamK,

Yes, there is a workflow, Fabian explained this thread:

The AudioDeviceManager and AudioDeviceSelectorComponent are very problematic inside your processor and processor editor classes. The StandalonePluginHolder has already an AudioDeviceManager, and having a second one in one process creates problems. And in a plugin, you shouldn’t access the AudioIODevices at all, only through the host.

Yes, there is a static function you can call: JuceApplicationBase::isStandaloneApp().

Hope that helps

1 Like

Super! Thank you so much! :slight_smile: