Stupid Newbie question

Is is possable to make a vertical Slider using the Juce Slider Class?
Also can i replace the look of the slider using .bmp or .png resources?

Can i just use the look and feel method to do this or do i have to override the entire slider class?

Actually, I wanted a vertical slider too, but as far as I can tell, the Slider class is currently fixed to be horizontal. I may be mistaken, but I think a couple of important member variables in the Slider class are made private, which means that even if you subclass it, you’ll be unable to create a vertical slider (I may be wrong about this though).

I ended up just copying the Slider code and creating a separate VerticalSlider class, altering the code to work vertically. I’d share it, but tbh it’s the ugliest, hackiest piece of code you’re ever likely to see :oops:, and it doesn’t even work the right way round (0->1 = top->bottom), because I got frustrated and left it working upside down.

• Niall.

hmmmmm thats not good news i really need to have vertical sliders. I just wish i knew how to make one. if anyone out there has a vertical slider class out there or can help me out please let me know.

I managed to arse about with the slider by puting in an isVertical property and reversing shit. Like x = y and vise versa if isVertical

it worked but i ended up writing a more sensible piece of shit

That was not much use was it?
I fucked about with JUCE sliders then I wrote a really simple slider. It’s not difficult in the slightest. More of a draggable VU to be honest.

I should have a knob class and a vertical slider class to release soon…

I only get busier by the day it seems tho…

Anyone have any suggestion on changing the look of a slider using .png file?
I’m trying to create a mixer control for a piece of hardware.

Why does everyone want vertical sliders these days…

(I will do one eventually)

[quote=“jules”]Why does everyone want vertical sliders these days…

(I will do one eventually)[/quote]

I needed one (33 actually) for a port of Mods step sequencer.
[size=59]
Now there’s a disasterous piece of code if you ever want a laugh! Most people do “Hello World” to learn a language. Not eedjit here. He (me) decides to learn C++ by porting a badly written (his words!) delphi VST plugin which uses things I knew ZERO about! (VST,MIDI)[/size]

Hi have to have a working mixer app for the AES show the only thing holding me back are these Vertical Sliders. If any one out there has anything that can help me out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Just hack the juce slider! Christ, if I can do it, surely you can!

I’m sure I can problem is I’m not very familiar with how the juce_Slider class works. What members should I concentrate on? Just mouseDrag and paint? What values should I look at (change e.x to e.y?)

thanks

[quote=“Nugtoka”]I’m sure I can problem is I’m not very familiar with how the juce_Slider class works. What members should I concentrate on? Just mouseDrag and paint? What values should I look at (change e.x to e.y?)

thanks[/quote]

exactly! where you see an x change it for a y, then fiddle with the other shit so it looks right.