Tables

It’s a bit quiet round the forum today? Is everyone out enjoying the sunshine?

I’m in the middle of writing a table component - i.e. a sort of list component with columns, and wondered if anyone’s got any particular requests for things they might need one of these to do?

The main component is the one that acts as the header line, showing the column names. You can resize them, drag them around to re-order them, and right-clicking can optionally bring up a menu that lets you pick which columns are visible. I’ll add some stuff to let you sort it by column too. You can use this header component on its own and write your own component to put below it containing the contents of each column, but I’ll also include a TableListBox component that takes care of this for you, in a similar way to how a SimpleListBox works. The header component will also let you save and re-load the column state as a string, so you can store the user’s ordering and sort choices.

Anything else I’ve forgotten here?..

ah the ubiquitous gridcontrol

sweet

will go nicely with my Juce based ODBC library.

will it be easy enough to make the cells combo-ified? (like access etc)

not enjoying sunshine no. not much coding at mo. database and xml design type phase. yay!

nothing ever happens round here on a friday anyway?

You mean to plonk a combo box in a cell? Not with my initial TableListBox, which is like a SimpleListBox and only allows drawing in a cell, but I’ll also do a more powerful one that can contain components. The header component is the same either way.

Sounds similer to that table thing I made not long ago, could either draw a cell or place a component in it instead… I’d certainly like to have a version from you.

It was over a hundred today, so f-ck that.

Instead I was stuck indoors trying to work out why calls to socket() seem to fail in a JUCE/DCMTK app but work fine otherwise.

Three large projects, two impending deadlines, and one annoying road block.

[quote]
I’m in the middle of writing a table component - i.e. a sort of list component with columns, and wondered if anyone’s got any particular requests for things they might need one of these to do?

[quote]
Anything else I’ve forgotten here?..[/quote][/quote]

It takes custom components, so I can’t imagine there is much that couldn’t be achieved.

Just allow for easy overriding of grid painting and the like.

Something as powerful as Cocoa NSTable would be great…

Hi Karbon,

have you successfully implemented a ODBC library ?