ThreadWithProgressWindow

Hi,

I am using the class ThreadWithProgressWindow to display a progress bar. However, I when I click escape button or Alt+F4 it gets destroyed as expected. Is there a way we can bypass these events without closing the progress bar window.

regards.

I never thought of providing an option for that… I guess you could set a really high value for the timeOutWhenCancelling param.

Hi Jules,

I never thought of providing an option for that… I guess you could set a really high value for the timeOutWhenCancelling param.
Thanks,

Even same problem here, i have tried as you told by increasing the value of timeOutWhenCancelling param, it will wait untill completes the mentioned time.

but why behavior is totaly different?
whne “Alt+F4” is pressed progress window wont loose focus and wont response for it and it will complete the task and exit
when “ESC” key pressed progress window will loose focus and looks like in pause mode but backend it will complete the task and exits.

how we can achieve same behavior for “ESC” key as like “Alt+F4”?

That’s just the way the AlertWindow class works - pressing escape will cancel it (if it doesn’t have any buttons). That usually makes sense, because there’s not much point in showing a modal alert box if there’s no way to get rid of it, but in this case I guess it’s not ideal. I’ll take a look and see what I can do.

i agree What you are saying is true, but if user by mistakenly press “ESC” key how to overcome that? we need to ensure that user don’t want the progress bar?
suppose user press “Cancel” button mistakenly here also same scenario, we don’t have option to check whether user don’t want progress bar?

I already checked in a change that might help - try it out.

Thanks, from where i will get that? how to check it?
please help me out, i am new to juce.

Try the big “Downloads” button at the top of the page…

Hi
How to get alertwindow for the progresswindow?

[quote=“Mtel”]Hi
How to get alertwindow for the progresswindow?[/quote]

Don’t understand the question.

Hi,
After progress window display (Pops up),I want to disable the Displaywindow (Progreswindow), how i can achieve this?

If you don’t want them to be able to cancel it, just don’t give it a cancel button.