I’m developping a dynamic plugin that loads Pure Data patches and it let the user define its own buses layouts. Everything works fine when they use “common” situations:
- A single main bus (for example 2 inputs / 2 outputs)
- A single main bus with a side-chain (for example 2 inputs / 2 outputs and 1 side input)
- A set of possible buses with no side-chain (for example 2 inputs / 2 outputs or 4 inputs / 4 outputs or 6 inputs / 6 outputs or etc.)
Jere is my situation:
I tested on macOS 10.13.4 with Reaper 5.78/64 and I’m on the last commit (2d9fc46).
If I want to have a set of possible buses with side-chains (for example 2 inputs / 2 outputs and 1 side input or 4 inputs / 4 outputs and 1 side input or 6 inputs / 6 outputs and 1 side input or etc.), the only one that is used is the 1st one (2 inputs / 2 outputs abd1 side input in this case). And in the host, if I change the number of channels I hit the assertion l. 1219 of juce_AudioProcessor.cpp because the current layout you supplied is not a valid layout.
So here are my questions:
- In practice, can I use for example a main bus with several extra buses (not only one)?
- In practice, can I define a set of possible main buses with each one several extra buses?
- Is there any restriction about the audio buses that a plugin can support?
- Is it stupid to tell I want my main bus with for 1 input / 2 ouputs and a 1st extra bus with 2 inputs / 2 outputs and a 2nd extra bus with 3 inputs / 4 outputs?
PS: Perhaps I missed or I don’t understand a really important thing in the documentation or elsewhere but I really tried to read everything I found on it on the forum and I also watched the Fabian video on the subject. Now any help would really help me for the future developements.