Using extra libraries with juce

i am using this library here

I need to set a number of paths inside visual studio to connect this aswell. However JUCE overrides these if I go back into jucer and try to open in IDE again so I have to keep configuring properties

I am setting these paths in properties in Visual Studio 2015 to connect the above library, how could I set these in the jucer settings so that I dont have to do it in VS and its overwritten?

b. Library dependencies
i. Linker -> Input -> AdditionalDependencies -> append ‘ws2_32.lib;bthprops.lib;bluetoothserialport.lib;’ to path
ii. Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories – add path to .lib file
c. C/C++ -> Precompiled Headers -> Precompiled Header File -> Erase stdafx.h
d. C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories -> add path to .lib file
e. VC++ Directories -> Include Directories -> add extra path to src files in library

I’m not as familiar with Visual Studio as I am Xcode but I think most of those should be pretty simple.

To change settings in the introjucer there are three places

1. project settings - accessed by clicking config >> <project name> in the left hand navigation panel

2. exporter settings - accessed by clicking config >> expand <project name> >> <exporter name (such as Visual Studio 2015)> in the left hand navigation panel

3. configuration settings - accessed by clicking config >> expand <project name> >> expand <exporter name (such as Visual Studio 2015)> >> <configuration name (such as Debug or Release)> in the left hand navigation panel

For the ws2_32.lib, bthprops.lib, and bluetoothserialport.lib libraries add those to the “Extra libraries to link” section of the exporter settings

For the path to these libraries add that to the “Extra library search paths” section for each of the configurations.

For the path to the library headers add that to “Header search paths” section for each of the configurations.

As for erasing stdafx.h from the precompiled header I’m not so sure, and I don’t have a Windows desktop in front of me to see what you mean.

2 Likes

Thank you so much this was great.