Using SetVisible() with a OpenGL component

Hi

Problably a no-brainer question but I have a button that should show/close an openGl component. I use the following code:

if (button == buttons[1]) { if(myOpenGLCanvas->isShowing()) myOpenGLCanvas->setVisible(false); else myOpenGLCanvas->setVisible(true); }

I cannot make the OpenGl invisible which I believe should be possible with the code above.

Any hints?

Cheers
Thomas

Are you’re sure it’s not because you’re using isShowing() rather than isVisible()? (They’re subtly different…)

Which OS is this on?

[quote=“jules”]Are you’re sure it’s not because you’re using isShowing() rather than isVisible()? (They’re subtly different…)

Which OS is this on?[/quote]

Hi

I have just tried IsVisible() too and that didn’t make the OpenGl component go away.

OS = WindowsXP

Thanks

Thomas

It’s not a clean solution, but you can try this

if (button == buttons[1])
{
   if(myOpenGLCanvas->isShowing())
  {
      myOpenGLCanvas->setVisible(false);
      myOpenGLCanvas->setBounds(0,0,0,0);
   }
   else
  {
      myOpenGLCanvas->setVisible(true);
      myOpenGLCanvas->setBounds();// set appropriate value
   }
} 

By the way, which version of juce are you using?

[quote=“vishvesh”]It’s not a clean solution, but you can try this

[code]

if (button == buttons[1])
{
if(myOpenGLCanvas->isShowing())
{
myOpenGLCanvas->setVisible(false);
myOpenGLCanvas->setBounds(0,0,0,0);
}
else
{
myOpenGLCanvas->setVisible(true);
myOpenGLCanvas->setBounds();// set appropriate value
}
}

[/code][/quote]

Hi

Thanks for the code. Will try it out!

I’m using JUCE v1.46 and I’ve updated the source code using SVN some 2 months ago!

Thomas

I tried this:

if(myOpenGLCanvas->isVisible()) { myOpenGLCanvas->setVisible(false); myOpenGLCanvas->setBounds(0,0,0,0); } else { myOpenGLCanvas->setVisible(true); myOpenGLCanvas->setBounds(140,140,200,200); }

…but that doesn’t work either for me. The OpenGl component does not get removed …instead the content of the opengl canvas is cleared!

Thomas

are you directly placing “myOpenGLCanvas” on a component?

Thanks for asking. I’m not sure if I place the openglcanvas directly on the component but I do the following:

// Setup OpenGl component myOpenGLCanvas = new OpenGLCanvas(); addAndMakeVisible(myOpenGLCanvas); myOpenGLCanvas->makeCurrentContextActive(); myOpenGLCanvas->setVisible(false);

Does this answer your question?

I find that it is the transition from visible to not-visible that doesn’t work!

Cheers
Thomas