Version of juce to use?

Hi,

I see that there has not been an offical update to JUCE in a while.

I also see that Andrew Simpler is making changes and talk of tips and branches has me confused.

Is it possible to get a sticky thread with changes and bug fixes that each of the branches in SVN have and any problems associated?

Reading through the threads there are some useful fixes in the tip (?) but then I read about problems with Live/Cocoa and I’m scared to update JUCE.
Is the production version a new release that will come out soon?

[quote=“gb”]Hi,

I see that there has not been an offical update to JUCE in a while.

I also see that Andrew Simpler is making changes and talk of tips and branches has me confused.

Is it possible to get a sticky thread with changes and bug fixes that each of the branches in SVN have and any problems associated?

Reading through the threads there are some useful fixes in the tip (?) but then I read about problems with Live/Cocoa and I’m scared to update JUCE.
Is the production version a new release that will come out soon?[/quote]

I am just working on the mouse offset issue in rtas and then will email the code to jules at add to a branch after he has checked it out. I have made quite a few changes and fixes and really need to get it all double checked by him.

Andrew Simper

Ok thanks andrew for the info.

Just to clarify as I’m out of the loop, your helping Jules out with alot of fixes for Juce which will make it into a production/real update in the next while?

[quote=“gb”]Ok thanks andrew for the info.

Just to clarify as I’m out of the loop, your helping Jules out with alot of fixes for Juce which will make it into a production/real update in the next while?[/quote]
Yes I am contributing several new parts to Juce including some helpful lock free data structures and other additions. Some of these additions will make it over to the new cocoa codebase, some may not.

Andrew Simper