VisualStudio cannot find include files

Hmm. Yes, might be a good setting for us to add. Would come in handy for our own projects too.

1 Like

So, I have this same problem.
However, I assumed that once I had created the VS exporter using the ProJucer, that I could simply add my Source and JuceLibraryCode directories to VS’s Include directories list.

Having added these directories to VS, it is still unable to find any of my header files, despite all of my .cpp and .h files being in the root of my Source directory, i.e. with no sub directories for VS to trip over.

What am I missing? Many thanks

Hello zombie thread, welcome back.

Here’s the situation I’ve got going on, which I’m attempting to solve at the moment:

For Visual Studio (2015, in this instance), including the necessary header search paths in the .jucer project has worked successfully for me when compiling Windows versions of my plugin project. The new issue I am experiencing is, that the text editor for the header search paths in the Projucer, cannot fit all the paths that I need to include (yes, the project is that large)!

I’m aware that I can open the .jucer project with a text editor, and force the paths in that way, but that doesn’t seem correct.

I’m looking for a solution similar to the utility that jules has mentioned above. Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: I’m going to write an include header in the style of JuceHeader, which will solve this issue. Clearly, a single include header for all these directories is the right path moving forward.