WAV metadata

I'm trying to write from an AudioSampleBuffer to a WAV file. This seems to work fine, but the resultant WAV file can't be played by OSX's QuickLook or QuickTime. The file plays fine in VLC player though.

I suspect this might be because I'm passing WavAudioFormat::createWriterFor an empty StringArray for the metadata. I see that I can easily create this array using createBWAVMetadata(), but I have no idea what to put in the fields! Any help?

No, you don't need to provide any metadata. More likely that you're just not flushing the stream to disk or something. Check your code for leaks and silly mistakes.

Ah,  got it, thanks. You were right, the AudioFormatWriter was leaking, I forgot to put it in a ScopedPointer.

Sounds like your issue has been solved but it's maybe worth noting on my machine (OSX 10.9.4) quicktime doesn't produce any sound when playing mono wav files.  I've tested it with wav files from my JUCE based app and also aifs produced with Logic and it's the same result with those as well.  The same files will play in iTunes without issue.