xCode 4 crashes

Hi there,

are there any changes made in juce that could break the debugger of the first xCode4 (first release)?
I have the strange behavior that xCode debugger crashes when I debug my plugin as standalone app.
It works well if I debug it as plugin so the code should be okay unless there is something wrong with
my standalone implementation. I can’t really tell you since when this is an issue because I only have
debugged my project as plugin for the last 6 weeks or so…
Yesterday I have updated to latest git but the problem still exist and I really don’t know where to
look at as a crashing debugger is not really helpful here 

Before I update to xCode 4.3.2, is there anything I must be aware of to not run in trouble when working
with juce and xCode 4.3.2 on Snow Leopard?

Thank you for your advice.

Joerg

Xcode crashes a lot, it’s just a fact of life… I generally have to force-quit and reboot it a few times per day. Seems to be getting a bit better with each release, but it’s still crap.

[quote]Before I update to xCode 4.3.2, is there anything I must be aware of to not run in trouble when working
with juce and xCode 4.3.2 on Snow Leopard?[/quote]
Yes, that you cannot use xcode 4.3.2 with Snow Leopard, you’ll need Lion. As far as I know, the latest Snow Leopard compatible xcode version is 4.2.

Thanks for your input!, guys I upgrading to Lion right now. Hope it will at last eliminate some of the crashes :slight_smile:
Running my app on Win7 works pretty well and stable.

Let’s see what happens next…

Joerg

Don’t hem and haw, Jules. Say what you really think. :twisted:

Upgraded to Lion + xCode 4.2.1 did the trick!

Cheers Joerg