After downloading version 5.0.2 of JUCE, all of my projects have a large number of errors (about 369). These projects built and ran fine on version 5.0.1. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Let me know if you need any more information to help. Thank you.
In order to help you we need at least the following questions to be answered:
- what kind of errors? Compiler errors? Linker errors? Runtime errors?
- on which platform? Android, iOS, macOS, and/or Windows? If it’s on Windows, which version of Visual Studio?
You can also copy-paste some of these errors (not the 369 please), somebody may have also seen the exact same ones.
It looks like all of the errors are compiler errors. For example:
Error C2059 syntax error: ‘}’ MainComponentTutorial_App c:\users\myUser\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_AudioProcessor.cpp 691
Error (active) identifier “bpm” is undefined MainComponentTutorial_App c:\Users\myUser\JUCE\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_AudioProcessor.cpp 1435
“timeSigDenominator” is undefined MainComponentTutorial_App c:\Users\myUser\JUCE\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_AudioProcessor.cpp 1434
and so on. After looking through them, it looks like they’re all syntax errors. Mainly things being undefined, “type qualifier is not allowed on a nonmember function”, “name followed by ‘::’ must be a class or namespace name”, etc.
The platform is Visual Studio 2015 on Windows.
Thanks for taking the time to help.
The first compiler error you mentioned has been reported several times on the forum:
- Build issue on Windows in latest dev - juce_AudioProcessor.cpp
- JUCEDemo MS VS 2015 (32 bit) Build Issue
- Build error in AudioProcessor::addParameter jassert() on windows
- Syntax error in juce_audio_processor.cpp / 5.0.2?
- Bug in juce_AudioProcessor.cpp (v5.02)
- Juce 5, Visual Studio 2015 Incompatible?
It is due to a compiler bug in Visual Studio 2015 and it was fixed on the develop branch of JUCE by this Pull Request (https://github.com/WeAreROLI/JUCE/pull/208)
Thank you so much for your help.
This fix is on master now.