AAX: unable to create directory

Hi everyone. I am trying to compile a plugin for AAX on Mac, and I encounter this error:
“unable to create directory '/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/myplugin.aaxplugin”. I am running Juce 6.1.0, macOS 11.5.2 and Xcode 12.5.1.

It seems like a permission issue, so I tried to open Xcode as root by running “sudo xed myplugin.xcodeproj” on the terminal. I still get the same error.

Changing the “Installation Directory” under the Xcode project settings to a different directory makes a successful compile, but I can’t find the plugin in that directory.

It seems like something silly, but I can’t figure it out. Can anyone shed some light?

Have you ever compiled this plugin as AAX before? Sometimes something that happens for me is I need to manually delete the installed binaries from the system library paths, something about the compiler permissions being able to copy new ones into there, but not able to delete the old ones first…

I think the permissions on that path are not set to allow this under newer OSes. You should be able to manually set the permissions via chmod. Pretty sure that’s what I did, but it’s been a while.

1 Like

Hi Ben, thanks for the answer. Nope, this is the first time trying to compile.

Thanks Howard. I am not particularly fond of changing permissions like that, but changing the directory to 777 solved it. Thanks!

1 Like