Alertwindow


#1

I finally took the update to the newest GIT version and am building on my new plugin. I now get the next screen when working with the AlertWindow. On the older Juce version (july 2011) things showed up as it should.

AlertWindow w ("Empty Room Systems", "Dim D v1.0.2", AlertWindow::NoIcon, ERSButton); w.addTextBlock ("Naam: " + naam); w.addTextBlock ("Organisation: " + organisatie); w.addTextBlock ("Serialnumber: " + serial); w.addTextBlock ("Registration: " + registratie ); w.addTextBlock (L"http://www.emptyroomsystems.com");

Also the hyperlink does not work. What am I doing wrong??


#2

Ah, it’ll be that dratted complex text layout… You can disable it with the JUCE_USE_DIRECTWRITE flag if it’s causing you problems. (I’m now thinking I should probably have turned it off by default)


#3

Thank you for your fast responce.

I disabled it in Introjucer, did a clean rebuild in VS2010, but still get the same results. Any other ideas?


#4

Ah, well it’s probably not that then! Not sure, maybe something I’ve done in AlertWindow. TBH I never designed it to have a load of text blocks like that, maybe try just using one block, and break up your string with newlines?


#5

Okay, will try that. I’ll look in some of the demo’s to see some examples. I could not get it to work instantly.


#6

When testing with one Textblock, the text is also cut in half.

Harrie


#7

Thanks, I’ll investigate…


#8

Any news? :slight_smile:


#9

Sorry, I forgot! Fixed now!


#10

Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong…

I downloaded the latest GIT version. Copied and replaced all the files in my juce directory with the new files. I cleaned the juce build and rebuild juce. I cleaned the plugin build and rebuild.

I still see the half of the text. I must be missing something…

Harrie


#11

This is the commit:
https://github.com/julianstorer/JUCE/commit/711d58e06636365beed102b3ea47cafdb413b48c


#12

Hmm, that seems to be set correctly. After rebuilds of Juce and my new plugin I still have the same problem.

Harrie


#13

Well, I saw exactly the same problem you had, and my change fixed it…


#14

Fixed it :slight_smile: Thank you! I forgot to open the plugin with the Introjucer. So I did not copy the new modules in the project.