Anyone who has experience in JUCE+React Native(iOS)

If anyone has experience in integrating JUCE SDK with React Native(iOS), please share useful links or codes with me.
Now I have error “ld: library not found for -lJucePlayer”, and found same case error on stackoverflow.

This stackoverflow link has solution, but I didn’t understand his solution ( $(BUILD_DIR)/$(CONFIGURATION)$(EFFECTIVE_PLATFORM_NAME)).
If anyone can understand this solution, pls give me guide.
Thanks.

I don’t have any experience with Juce and React Native specifically, but the error you are seeing indicates that the linker can’t find the JucePlayer library (note that the problem in StackOverflow post is slightly different, since there the React library can’t be found).

Make sure your JucePlayer library is included in your Xcode project (maybe you need to rebuild it), and the path to the library is included in your target > Build Settings > Library Search Paths. Also make sure the library is included in the Link Binary With Libraries phase under Build Phases.

The solution the SO post is proposing is to set the CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR setting (under Build Settings > Build Products Path) and set it to $(BUILD_DIR)/$(CONFIGURATION)$(EFFECTIVE_PLATFORM_NAME) (these are 3 concatenated variables that Xcode will fill in for you).

1 Like

It’s been many years now since I dabbled with JUCE and React Native. There is a reason for that!
There are lots of complications since you need to manage 3 different languages: C++ → Obj-C/Java → JS.

That aside, if I was to do this again I would use CMake not Projucer (as CMake was not an option then). This was you can generate the Xcode project in the way that React Native expects.