Are JUCE's text editors slow or am I

Yesterday I tried adding a texteditor(with C++ tokensier) to the demo Host Plugin application but found that it became very slow and took quite a while to respond to scrolling or even writing text, with a file consisting of only 250 lines.

I then hacked a simple VST plugin and added a button to launch the same editor in a document window. When I launch the editor, from the plugin, within the host it is far more responsive then when the editor was embedded into the host. Can anyone think of any reason that it might be behaving so slowly? Everywhere else I have used the CodeEditorExtended class it behaves pretty well.

Am I missing something, or is there anything I can do to speed up the editor’s performance?

You’re using a TextEditor for C++ rather than a CodeEditorComponent?

God no. I’m using a CodeEditorComponent! I basically just added one to the GraphDocumentComponent class found in the demo host application.

Well there’s no reason I can think of why it’d be slow… You should do some profiling, I guess?

Sure. It’s not so slow it’s unusable so I’ll probably be able to work with it. The code you wrote for the plugin host has my head turned inside out a few times, but I’m starting to get it now. Very nice.