I’d lidk something similar as SWS LiveConfigs. That supposedly includes what is done by MidiToReaControlPath (or ReaLearn, FWIW).
Regarding “remote-controlling” Reaper, in a first shot I’d like to implement the live activities
- mute/unmute tracks
- set DAW parameters of plugins
- maybe pushing presets to pluigins
- do what LiveConfigs calls “tiny fades” (i.e. controlling some track volume parameter which is not the main slider. I did not yet research on how this is done.)
Later I might want to support the user with configuring their setup
- set up the Audio and Midi routing
- install plugins in tracks ad set properties like “ignore delay compensation”
I suppose I need to communicate from the “Processor” when the system is to be working in a live setup: it digests Midi messages and performs the “patch changing” as it had been configured to. I do understand ther with that supposedly both the track’s audio thread an the GUI thread ias involved and this need some kind of internal communication (as MidiToReaControlPath does, but unfortunately that plugin is not open source)
For “configuration support” I suppose communication from the Editor (only the GUI thread involved).
BTW.: In fact I first considered to take over the support for the LiveConfigs part of SWS (which is rather alien to SWS and for understandable reasons for the main supporter of SWS it’s of lesser interest), but it seemed to be quite impossible to separate LifeConfigs form the rest of SWS. Finally ReaLeran inspired me to plan to do a VST instead of a Reaper extension
Thanks for any tips…