Hi Jules and Jucers
It’s not really a question, but more like a confirmation. I just want to make sure I correctly understood how Audio stuff works in Juce.
Let’s say I want to implement an audio signal chain :
[Midi Input]->[MIDI processor]->[Virtual instrument]->[Virtual Effect(s)]
- create an AudioProcessorGraph instance
- populate it (with several instances of both AudioGraphIOProcessor and AudioProcessor)
- then create an AudioProcessorPlayer instance
- call AudioProcessorPlayer::setProcessor with my AudioProcessorGraph
- finally, call AudioDeviceManager::addAudioCallback with my AudioProcessorPlayer instance
Is this right ?
Now let’s assume I want the following chain :
[Audio (from wave file)->[Virtual Effect(s)]
In this case, I should create a new class which inherits both AudioSourcePlayer and AudioProcessor (so it can be added to an AudioProcessorGraph , via it’s addNode method), to read the wave file. Right ?
Or should I create a new class which inherits AudioGraphIOProcessor and which calls AudioSourcePlayer::audioDeviceIOCallback inside it’s processBlock method ?
Does what I say even make sense ???