Audio plugin: the option mono -> stereo doesn't show up in DAW

Hi all,

My question seems to be and old one, as I have read quite a few posts about this topic already but for the life of me, l haven’t been able to find a definitive solution.

I created an audio plugin using the Projucer template and after coding and compiling in Xcode I find that when I open it in Logic the option “mono -> stereo” doesn’t show up. At the moment of creating the project in Projucer I didn’t fill in any of the config preferences, so that the Plugin Channel Configurations was initially left in blank. After reading extensively about the problem in here (which btw seems to pop up every year), I learned that if I enter “{1,2},{1,1},{2,2}” in the aforementioned field then the plugin should work as I expected, but unfortunately this hasn’t worked, even after saving, compiling again, clearing the AU cache etc, nothing really changes.

I also checked the “isBusesLayoutSupported” function but it always looks the same to me:

#ifndef JucePlugin_PreferredChannelConfigurations

bool ReverbAudioProcessor::isBusesLayoutSupported (const BusesLayout& layouts) const
{
#if JucePlugin_IsMidiEffect
ignoreUnused (layouts);
return true;
#else
// This is the place where you check if the layout is supported.
// In this template code we only support mono or stereo.
if (layouts.getMainOutputChannelSet() != AudioChannelSet::mono()
&& layouts.getMainOutputChannelSet() != AudioChannelSet::stereo())
return false;

// This checks if the input layout matches the output layout

#if ! JucePlugin_IsSynth
if (layouts.getMainOutputChannelSet() != layouts.getMainInputChannelSet())
return false;
#endif

return true;

#endif
}
#endif

so, the question is how to tell the plugin to accept the “mono -> stereo” format? also, I’m curious about the way Projucer and Xcode interact. What I usually do is to create the audio plugin in Projucer and almost immediately move to Xcode by pressing the hammer icon. So if I open the project in Projucer later on and change some of the config, will those changes be carried over to the IDE after I click on the Xcode icon a again?

NOTE: the plugin in question is absolutely minimal, in fact, I’m only creating a Reverb in order to see what it sounds like, and obviously the conversion from mono to stereo is essential. Thanks for reading. Sorry for the long post, I tried to include as much info as possible. (Also I still don’t know how to quote code with its original format :neutral_face:)