AudioDeviceManager Tutorial - Possible bug - Disappearing input option

Hi there

@t0m this might be one for you.

I’m finding with JUCE 5.4.1 and Xcode 10.1 (MacOS Mojave) that the tutorial, when built for MacOS, exhibits unexpected behaviour. Steps:

1. Build and run tutorial (release or debug) as provided from downloaded tutorial zip.
  2. In Active input channels uncheck “Input 1”. This is the only available input in my case.
  3. This removes the entire Active input channels section and sets Input to blank.
  4. Selecting the blank Input drop down menu I can see MacBook Air Microphone and <<none.>>, but selecting either of these makes no difference. The Input selection remains blank, and the Active input channels section does not reappear.

I’m not sure if this is a bug with the tutorial, the AudioDeviceManager, or (most likely) something stupid that I am doing.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

With many thanks and best wishes

Jeff

I believe this has been fixed on the develop branch.

Hey there

Just to close the loop on this. Testing the prior combined binaries presented the same problem as expected. Compiling against the Develop branch per @ed95 did indeed resolve the issue. I was unable to reproduce this bug with any permutation of deselection/reselection.

Might be good to close this thread, but perhaps leave it around for any users still working from the current Master branch.

Many thanks,

Jeff