Automation not working in Studio One 3

@RolandMR Thanks this is now fixed.

@pflugshaupt I share your pain. I know this is not optimal but it’s hard to come up with anything better. Here’s the problem, if I only enable the fix when the developer explicitly enables it, then experience tells me that no-one will enable it - and even new plug-ins in the future will still be reporting negative parameter ids. This means that there will never be a good time to enable it by default and now is as good as any.

I believe that most plug-in vendors are more likely to test the saving and loading of automation data, than to test a specific DAW (in this case Studio One). Therefore, plug-in vendors who are updating their plug-ins to newer JUCE versions are unlikely to release a plug-in with the workaround enabled anyway. A quick forum search for them will inform them that they need to disable the workaround.

Additionally, many plug-in vendors who already released plug-ins with older JUCE versions will be using the legacy parameter ids anyway. The Studio One problem does not exist for legacy parameter ids, so I think the studio one workaround will not affect that many developers.

You are right that this is a Studio One problem. However, even if they fix it, it will take a while until it’s integrated into a proper release and even then, many customers will be using old versions of Studio One (check the JUCE forum on how many bug reports we have for Ableton Live 8).

BTW: I’ve been trying to contact Presonus for months now (support, direct e-mail, linkedin, …) and I can’t get hold of anyone. If anybody has a contact at Presonus (or works at Presonus), please, kindly ask them to contact me!!

Update: Pesonus team have contacted me and will fix this issue in an upcoming release.