Badly needed Layout features : Control Alignment and multiple-highlighted component property editing

MOQUPS looks intersting.

I truly do hope that any future plans not using PROJUCER deprecated GUI editor - focusing of course on FLEXBOX ( and FLEXGRID? ) will include a new FLEXBOX-oriented visual editor designed specifically for FB.

As argued before - it may very well be the case that web-devs and whizzkid C++ coders can and are happy to just code the layout entirely in source without a visual editor. But for larger projects or projects where the GUI component gets handed off to graphic artists - the need for a layout tool that doesnt involve coding - surely must be a desirable feature.

And personally when it comes to layout design. I prefer to stay mindset-wise in the visual domain totally. I realise there is much talk of nowadays being able to change code and see the layout be reflected instantly ( as in web browser dev tools and live-compilation ) but i’s still personally prefer to just be manipulating objects in drag and drop fashion visually - at least as much as possible.

Having said that - its clear that the current way the old GUI editor spits out code - with its sections for optionally adding event handler code of ones own - or replacing or adding to the code in paint, resize events etc… could be much improved ( but clearly wont be since its deprecated).

2 Likes